The Suffolks │41 previous / next │main map / suffolks map
8 Suffolk Road
In 1851 this shop is listed as having John E Hemmings, a Manservant as the occupant but by 1871 the above John Darter occupied this property together with number 4 & 6.
By 1891a William Alfred Woof, a Professional Cricketer occupied the property. He is listed as a British Sports Depot by 1892 , a Cricket Outfitter in 1897, and by 1901 a Cricket Instructor plus shop. Still in occupation in 1908 William Woof was listed as just a Sports Outfitter but by 1917 he had extended again to Cricket & Sports Outfitters.
By 1926 he occupied No’s 4, 5 and 8 and was once again a Sports Depot. From 1934 right up to 1961 William Woof Ltd was listed as a Sports Depot/Cricket and Sports Outfitters In 1969 he also occupied No’s 4, 5, 6 & 8.
If you have any further information or photographs of this property please let us know via the contacts page.