The Suffolks │7 previous / next │main map / suffolks map
8 Suffolk Parade
In 1851 the property was run by Thomas Cook, gardener. In 1856 it was the Suffolk Stores (Inn) which closed on the 31st Dec 1921. In 1917 it was listed as J Dowdeswell, ale vaults. In 1926 it was run by Frederick Tyler, furniture dealer, in 1938 by Frank Gillett as a fried fish shop, in 1952 by Victor Orchard as a fried fish shop and in 1961-75 as the Mermaid Fish Bar.
We are still trying to trace the history after then.
Researcher: Jill Waller