Tivoli │22 previous / next │main map / tivoli map
5 Sadlers Walk
Prinbox works has been home to three generations of one family since 1923.
The Tivoli Box And Printing Co. Ltd was founded on this site in 1923 by William Henry Brasher as a box making and printing company. Mr Brasher, who was an active member of St Mary's church in Charlton Kings, acquired the site from the Gloucestershire Aircraft Company, which had been here since 1917. He was a very capable businessman, with interests in the High Street and in Bournemouth, and a keen supporter of Cheltenham Lido.
They then set about converting the buildings into offices for rent, whilst retaining many of the industrial features. Sue now carries on the property rental business following John's death in 2008.
One of the tenant companies in the workshop specialises in letter-press printing, using a technique first applied here back in 1923.
Researcher: Stuart Manton (Jan 2014)