The Suffolks │44 previous / next │main map / suffolks map
14 Suffolk Road
In 1851 Number 14 traded as a Wine, Spirit & Hop Merchants under the name of James Morton. By 1852 this changed to a Milliners under the Misses Everill. In 1857 we see a James Morton, listed but as a Traveller. Still in occupancy by 1871 J Morton & Co were trading as Wine Merchants. This changed by 1881-1908 when Gideon Caudle, a Coal Merchant who is listed as at the Wharf, Upper Bath St took over. By 1917 and in 1934 this changed again to a Miss Caudle and in 1934 a Mrs Caudle but no trade is listed.
Since 1990 Mike Smith-Wood has been based here carrying out antique restoration.
Updated: Stuart Manton (Jan 2014)