The Suffolks │72 previous / next │main map / suffolks map
47 Great Norwood Street (formerly 20, Westside)
In 1851 the property was occupied by Richard Allan, a stone mason; in 1871 by Tho Fisher, junior cabinet maker; in 1881 by Roda Hucker, eating-house keeper and Richard Maybery, gardener; in 1891 by Thomas Callaway, general dealer; in 1897 by H.T. Harding, outfitter and tailor; in 1901 by Thomas H Paish, journeyman tailor; in 1917 by Misses Jones, fruiterers; in 1926 by Mrs E Tlley, draper, in 1936 by Lancelot Hemmings, a shopkeeper; in 1948 by Mrs Anne Hemmings, shopkeeper; in 1955 by Ernest J. Hilborne, a confectioner; in 1969 by Cotswold Car Accessories Ltd (trade only); and in 1975 by P Drabble, carpet dealer.
In 2013 this was still a carpet dealers called Carpet Emporium, which moved to Bath Road later that year and the property stood empty for a short while. It is now home to ShoeMed, specialising in comfort and orthopaedic footwear. This is the second branch, the first being in Stratford upon Avon.
Researcher: Jill Waller